Primate Education Network (PEN) is seeking candidates to serve as Regional Coordinators. Regional Coordinators are dedicated individuals who have agreed to support PEN’s mission by helping to build and sustain an extensive network of primate education projects and programs and educators in their respective regions of the world.
They are responsible for serving as leaders in their regions, in accordance with PEN’s mission and vision. They also build and manage relationships with stakeholders involved in primate education in their regions. In addition, they ensure information sharing and collaboration between partners. More specifically, Regional Coordinators:
- Identify, partner with, and motivate principal investigators involved in primate education projects/programs in their region to participate in PEN’s network
- Communicate and coordinate with PEN’s Executive Director and other Regional Coordinators
- Assist with the development and distribution of materials on PEN and primate education efforts in their region
- Provide regional content and photos for collaborative grants and for PEN’s website, blog, forum, and social media
- Represent PEN at regional and international meetings and conferences
- Help enlist registrations among primate education projects and programs for the Primate Education Directory (in development) on PEN’s website
- Contribute to strategic planning and identify funding priorities for the network and education projects and programs in their region
Qualifications/Experience: Regional Coordinators must be based in a primate range country and have access to the Internet (at least on a periodic basis). They must also have experience in primate education.
Salary/Funding: PEN is seeking funding for Regional Coordinators. No compensation will be provided until grants are awarded. Currently, this position is an unpaid, part-time role.
How To Apply: Priority consideration will be given to applicants with primate education and leadership experience. Please send a cover letter and CV/resume, including your geographic location, experience, and interest in serving as a Regional Coordinator to Amy Clanin at email@example.com.