Primate Education Network (PEN) is a global network dedicated to connecting and empowering primate conservation educators. We are a membership organization that provides primate educators with connections, resources, and training to design and evaluate conservation education programs. Our international team is driven by a passion for and commitment to advancing the field of primate conservation education.
1. Primate conservation begins with education
2. Educators everywhere deserve training and opportunities to succeed
3. Access to experts is key to improving conservation education programs
4. International and local partners are the glue to increasing collaboration
5. Technology, data, and evidence makes our community's efforts more transparent, accountable, and measurable
Meet PEN's Team
PEN is a growing global network, with an initial focus in primate range countries, including Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Uganda, and Indonesia, where our volunteer Regional Coordinators are based. We also work in collaboration with international and local partners. Learn more about where we work.
Dr. Xyomara Carretero-Pinzón
Patricia Mie Matsuo
Silver Birungi James
Dr. Gladys Kalema-Zikusoka
Lou Ann Dietz
Edy Hendras Wahyono